Sunday, February 19, 2012

one goal accomplished







At the start of our mission we bought a french Book of Mormon .I spent our tutoring time at BYU trying to read and comprehend while JIim, bless is heart, was learning un peu. I was lucky with my imited french studies in Jr and Senior High school and then repeated again at BYU to know un peu. I stopped taking french when I wasnt getting A's at BYU as I didnt want to ruin my GPA. In 8th grade I received a warning in french the first semester and vowed to get better ( this warning was for talking too much.in English!) So. after studying how to pray. shop greet. and meet in french and a limited missionary approach I continued to read the Book of Moron in french, But there was little or no comprehension. Our Geneva I ward Bishop challenged us to read the Book of Mormon this year. We finished on Valentines Day, and loved every minute ,(we used the BYU round table discussions to help with comprehension). The other highlight was a trip up to Bern Switzerland, the Temple. We had planned on going on Wed but when we awoke to the snow, we prayed and as Jim was saying the prayer it came into my mind who needed us more that day. we visited with our good friend who was watching his 3 grandsons that day. They had NO English, so I taught them how to play Spoons,what a blast.! So , Friday, we went to the temple and had so many wonderful experiences,.Just to name a few, visiting with Pres Speriling (my cousins Elaines friends) , the Foxes (in Charices ward), the Simonets ( our CES instructor ), a YSA from Caledonia (by Australia) and her family(she had met us while at the YSA conference and was in the Yoga class) and we continue to be amazed at our opportunities and good people we have met here, like the Chalk family who are here from Texas ( in the photo). As we continue to study and grow , we are now taking on Isaiah!.

No comments:

Post a Comment