Monday, November 5, 2012

Victoria's baptism

We have enjoyed the raking and blowing of the leaves..again and again
but now it is getting colder and windy.
I find myself looking for the little spots of sun where ever I go.
Jim is trying to find wool socks and I have learn how to make leg
warmers. Jim is already wearing his every day.  Yes, we served in
Europe and yes there were good winters there, but  we were
missionaries and I believe we had extra warmth with us.
And then the storm Sandy hit America! We got wind and rain here in
Michigan, so we were blessed not to have any destruction.  We were
blessed to just be at the end of it.  We kept warm by the fire
                 
We gave a fireside here in Canton Michigan last Sunday and the
preparation reminded me how much I learned on our mission,how hard we
worked and how much we were blessed.  Tonight we will serve at a
Spaghetti dinner given by Valerie's neighborhood for a family that
lost their dad . There are always ways for us to find opportunities
for service. Jim is always ready.
We are preparing to leave Michigan the day after voting day and begin
our trek back through Chicago to see Jim's sister Tanya who just had
hip surgery a month ago. As we prepare I am reminded of the Pioneers
who crossed just before the winter, praying for a safe trip. Our
Pioneers sacrificed so much and I am thankful they were strong and
overcame so much.
We look forward to more family visits and will continue to see old
friends as we drive west.





But the highlight of this trip was Victoria's Baptism, her sweet testimony and understanding of it all

No comments:

Post a Comment