Saturday, August 22, 2015

Summer in the City.

We have arrived and of course Jim is excited to see all the great structures and I am excited to be here and renew old memories of my childhood. We are both excited to get to the Historical Society of Pennsylvania to begin our research and discovery of books needed to be scanned for the Society and for Family Search. These books will include family records, journals, and documents.
First stop off Rt 202 is 709 North Valley Forge Rd. The house that my father designed and we lived in during my formative years. Here is the updated front door. The new owners have done a great job of making this home a beautiful memory for me. The view of Valley Forge Park over 2 1/2 acres with the pool and trees centered from my old bedroom sliding glass doors. Sadly the famous tree growing up through the home is on longer there but the deck and furnishing are delightful

Next stop the Pennsylvania Philadelphia temple construction sight


The view from my home in Valley Forge. I will love and cherish this memory. My years here helped strengthen my testimony and I continue to grow in the gospel. The relationships and friends that I had during my teen years were instrumental my growth and faith in the Lord and now wanting to serve Him

2 comments: