Sunday, September 18, 2011

Bern Switzerland, the city and the Temple







When people go to the Temple , they always ask how long we are staying and now we found out why. We reserved a in the Temple Apt and as you will see from the photos, it is a hostel, a fun small adventure! But, first, we left very early and visited Bern city , capital of Switzerland, a medieval city settled around the Aare river in 1191. It is now rated third in the world in most cultural attractive according to Forbes. So we walked through the street market in front of the Parliament, Muster cathedral, Glockenspiel (giant clock), and Chlattebar (just a toy story but it reminded us of Chatterley name,) The temple sits on the edge of a great forest (which we have written about before, like Hansel & Gretel.and all the other scary nursery rhymes ) We like to walk in and around and this time while we walked , at the end of the forest we saw a sign (everything is in German) that looked like army with a shield (Heils Armee) and it turned out to be Salvation Army! We were delighted and spent all our franc there instead of at the open market... Back to the temple, the languages used in the Temple flow from one to the other. I wore a head set with french and the session was in Italian so you could hear it in the background., and in Initiatories each area was conducted in the sisters native language, so I had Italian, French, and German in my head as I went round and round, I managed to fool one sister. She was from Marseilles and thought I was Swiss. that my french was that good.!! But, my bubble was burst the next day when an Italian ordinance worker said, (I think) Stick to your own language ( in Italian) But the spirit is understood in any language and the message did touch my heart many times as we communicated in the Temple, through the spirit of love and service

No comments:

Post a Comment