Sunday, October 9, 2011

Getting older,wiser and finding a deal





Getting older, not so wiser and finding a deal ;If those things dont interest you then STOP here. This week we got alot wiser in the New Testament and spent many hours preparing for our Institute class. The big challenge is.. there is no new teacher/manual., so if any of you have any great ideas, please send them our way. Jesus the Christ by Talmage is the best,,so far. Getting older is, of course, part of the deal, for all. of us This week we began our search for a Swiss costume, so we went to our favorite store SECOND MAIN. (enough french and you can probably figure out what it means) On the second floor below they have rows and rows of costumes and we found a good fit except for the price $80 a week - for rental $350 to buy. So, we will make. But up stairs,I found the perfect Missionary Ann Taylor suit, size 4. Well, even without Swiss chocolate on my best days, this size is a challenge. Usually jackets work at that size but not bottoms. So. after, wandering around the store I came back to the suit and said, What the heck. it is too great to pass up.. So into the stall. as I am struggling to zip it up. Jim sized me up from behind (not a good view) and says ,Let;s buy it.. Anyone that knows Jim know that he likes the curve-fitting, not so missionary-type look. SO we bought it.. I figured it would be a good guide to aim for. But, when I tried it on at home I found out that the jacket is 4 and skirt is 6. so it is not that far off. Fact is, this was a blessing and a deal. Now, I wont need the bathroom scale.! This week was a reconnect to the new school year, We also had a baptism of Gionanni and got to attend a power point for the UN about Religion and Democracy I have included photos from other field trips.......... We studied and worked and got older and wiser and found some good deals'

No comments:

Post a Comment