Sunday, January 29, 2012

Faith , Hope and TIme






Our time is quickly passing as we are ending our second January here in Geneva/France.This week we tried a combined FHE with Sp and Mongolian. Each had their own language specific lesson and then the combined activity was musical chairs, I spend some time finding a good mix of tunes and they said I wad a great DJ, Little do they know, it is one of my fav games.On Tuesday we have our other FHE which been anyone other than Spanish speaking. I didnt expect the Mongolian crowd, but back they came. I had prepared a lesson on CTR for Primary a few week back so I brought that out and we ended out having simple examples of choosing the right and, of course more non- language games. At my PT appointment he had me do 15 minutes of weigh lifting with my bad knee and balance boarding on one leg.( way too.much so, consequently I am back to a crutch) Then on jeudi (thursday) I thought our rendez-vous(Appointment) was Un hour but it was Onez hour so we came two hours late, By Thursday I had spent three painful days limping around. Too much too soon,I believe, At Insititue one of our Mongolian Investigators came , after 1/2 hours talking I find our that she came in second in her national ballroom dance competition. I showed her my Mongolian dance and she showed me her ballroom dance!! She decided to stay for class. It was our last day of the semester and we had planned on reviewing the scripture mastery, My first question was>Tell me your fav scripture and quickly found out that she had never read one word of bible or Book of Mormon. So, again, I changed my lesson plans and we did a simple lesson on prayer. Lat night we had our first future Mongolian Priesthood holder and today Jim had the honor to confirm Ambuu.. As this month ends, Jim has a beat that it will not snow here.. So far it has flurried but nothing has stayed on the ground, As much as we love the snow we are happy just to love at it in the mountains. The blessing of really pondering,and reading the Book of Mormon each day has been the highlight of the month

No comments:

Post a Comment