Sunday, January 8, 2012

A NEW Year and opportunities for Service






Our mission had an article recently published in Utah described how an African man baptized in Geneva was thought to be lost when he was deported to Congo where the Church did not yet exist. After some research, however, the missionaries who baptized him realized, 28 years later, that this man was responsible for thousands of conversions in his home country We also had two more Mongolian girls Baptized this week! What a blessing! This week was filled with opportunities for service. Our Next door/Muslim neighbors had their 5th. first girl. Mary. I had a feeling the mother was pg (cant tell with the coverings she wears) I did not see her outside with the boys and then on Sat, her husband told us about the new girl. So I researched the food restrictions and prepared a welcome home gift, The morning after she came home I was surprised to see her coming down the stairs ( no climbing restrictions?) and she thanked me and invited me in their home and I held the brand new baby.I held this tiny,tiny , very dark baby and felt the love, as I do for all newborns. I also wondered about restrictions on newborns AND strangers holding their daughter;.There was great, energetic joy from her high energy siblings. Another neighbors needed help with baby sitting, so I said < Mais oui> , three tiny children and a big dog and NOT one new a word of English. I was lucky that they had children books that I could read to them ( that is about how good my French is... ),then a third neighbor needed help , with car break down, baby sitting, and cheering up, as her husband is working out of town for 3 weeks and she is due with her 4th in 4 weeks. Jim helped with the car break down and driving. Then final service was Jim helping a non-member family move on Saturday while I rested and prepared for the Sabbath. Our big treat all week was watching Pajama Game, a very old musical with Doris Day. It is like Grease only it takes place in a factory in the early 1950's. Today was fast and testimony meeting for us and I really felt the spirit, We had an American, Nigerian Philippians.Swiss, Mongolian. Guyana,,new member Philippians. non member Guatemalan, and Utahan, Bishop Spencer Kimball (grandson of Pres, ) challenges us to new years goals of Praying very day, FHE, walking the walk, and Reading the Book of Mormon everyday. What a joy it is to read the Book of Mormon again! I tried to read it in French here and still do, but I have missed really enjoying the spirit and message.I close this blog with love and joy and blessings to you all. You are missed and loved by us,

No comments:

Post a Comment