Sunday, July 1, 2012

final tour with Annette and Elaine

The delight of this week was a tour of all the Bern Temple and grounds with Elaine and Annette, my cousins, daughters of my moms Brother ,Uncle Lee. One of the things we got to see is where the missionaries stay that serve at the temple! The Apartment's are very nice,,,it is tempting to re-up here in Switzerland, Too bad, we dont know German ,Italian, French we are working on. This temple uses more languages than I can list, with the most used Italian. On the way back we enjoyed getting up to date on the family, We stopped at Murten Switzerland, founded in 515 by the Romans, It is situated on a Lake, such a  beautiful area. Later a German Duke re established it in 1170.  So, typical of these old developments, it is walled and protected.  I continue to love the vineyards as we drive home,so , of course , I am always taking lots of photos
Thursday we did Geneva, jet d'eau, St Pierre , the Wall, longest bench,, John Calvin church, and plenty of flags from all over.
Friday Elaine and Annette went to the UN while Jim and I shopped, I needed more Cranberry medicine and my knee has been hurting since our climb throughout the temple. This is sad news for me , the pain in my knee is back big time so I am trying to slow down. 
Saturday at the Marche, Annette and Elaine win the shopping spree award for the most shopping of all of our visitors, This is good or bad news depending on their luggage allotment..later we went to Fete de Voltaire at le chateux de Voltaire,which is only a few minutes walk from our apartment
But  no  family trip is complete without keeping the hills alive !





Today we took Annette and Elaine to the train station after church. This is our trial run to the Gare, as we will be taking the train July 30 to begin or end our Tour of Northern Europe and the end of our mission. Typing this brings tears to my eyes as I am again reminded of the many blessings and adventures we have experiences the last two years.

No comments:

Post a Comment