Sunday, April 17, 2016

Mother Nature/Spring has sprung

The beauty of Spring is all around us. The trees are blooming, flowers are blossoming and the creeks are flowing freely. When I grew up in Devon, overlooking Valley Forge Park, the goal to get the first tan was very important on my list. Not only did I like the warm tones on my skin but the sun lightened my hair. My junior year in high school I got to go to Fort Lauderdale, Fla for spring break. That really did the trick for beating out my friends for a tan! But, the real reason for the love of spring was being outside. I love walking along creeks and hearing the water and smelling the sweetness and freshness of the air. I love looking for the different shades of green as the trees open up to the warmth of the sun.




Of course, the goal centered around trying to get into the sun before my birthday. I remember sitting by the side of the pool all wrapped up, hoping the air would warm up. Most of the time it was never quite warm enough to go swimming until May, but, being outside before that, in April, was and is always a joy.

1 comment:

  1. Gorgeous blossoms and flowers! Love that pic of you with the blossoms too!

    ReplyDelete