Sunday, June 5, 2016

this is what we do

One Franklin Town Apt.
We live in the city Philadelphia. We serve at the Historical Society of Pennsylvania scanning books.
After boarding a shuttle bus before 8am we arrive close to the Library. We find, catalogue, scan, and send the data to Family Search, Find my Past, and HSP. At the end of the day we walk home by way errands, food, and other historical sites back to our Apt. In the evening we help the younger Elders and Sisters and members in the Church.
Jim loves anything that is big and constructed.
On Memorial Day we walked through part of Valley Forge park and had a picnic.
Jim likes to take the road less traveled.


The Washington DC temple on the left and the soon to be finished Philadelphia Temple on the right.
 Here I am with Sarah helping her prepare for service when the Philadelphia Temple is completed.

I also love seeing the beautiful buildings in our neighborhood, but most of all I watch our temple, our Philadelphia Temple. This week we were asked to record in our journal a happy time on our mission. The first thing I thought of (besides being with family members !!!!) was working with the Young Women with the talent show. I loved using my talents in choreography and seeing the talent that these beautiful young women have. The next thing that I love is looking out at the Temple each day, knowing that my friends and neighbors will be blest as they learn more about the Temple. It is where I find peace, joy, and, love.

1 comment: