Sunday, May 29, 2016

Two milestones met this week

Searching for the road I traveled on each day to Seminary my Senior Year at Conestoga High school through Valley Forge Park
Sister Loretta finished off the BIG books on the Brown and Green collection.

Finding the damaged books that completes our scanning assignment at the Historical Society of Pennsylvania with Family Search.

Always looking for records with my WOOLLEY family name. And being successful in Chester county.

As we celebrate Memorial Day this weekend , I am joyful for the example my family set to be Patriotic. None of my brothers served in the service. I dont have any close friends who served in Vietnam except the Featherstone young man I dated when attending BYU. ( I remember his name because he gave me his jacket with his name on it.)
My dad served in the Navy in WW11. The biggest memory I have of war and sacrifice is driving through Valley Forge Park each time we went to church. It was here that George Washington camped with the troops during the Revolutionary war that long, very cold winter.  In my senior year in high school I was voted Seminary  President so I drove the car pool through the park every day.
 We tried to find the roads that we took through the park, but like so many things from the past, the roads have been blocked, turned into one way streets. But most  all ,the little short cut we took on the dirt road over the creek, no longer exists, at least,  we could not find it on our hike through the park.


The sacrifices that were made for the gospel to be restored in America started with the settling in America. So many have come and continue to come for a better life. It is my prayer that we will continue to have a country where we can worship and pray and live together with people from all walks of life in peace and harmony. To leave this nation to our children and grandchildren, a place of LOVE and Charity to ALL.

1 comment: