Sunday, January 12, 2020

motivAtion

 I have been pondering what motivats. For a long time I have had a drive for getting things done, for achieving, growing, setting goals. This year, we are encouraged to set goals in 4 areas- spiritual, social, physical, and intellectual. Follow the criteria in Come Follow Me better, minister better, 72 mile on the bike, one book a week. Those are roughly my goals for the year.
How can I motivate those in my sphere of inflluence?
What moved me to insist on getting baptized in SLC, even though I was living in Levittown, PA.?
Why did I want to make my own clothes? Well, I remeber going shopping with my mom in the 8th grade and there was one of two choices that I could pick for a dress and my mom liked the brownish/yellowish ichey one which I knew I better  pick or I would get nothing.
What about college? No one helped me pick or filled out the forms or took me on a tour of colleges. I picked BYU and the family  drove me there from Pennsylvania and dropped me off at the  Cannon Center and  I never even hugged my Mom!
What kept me motivated to be honest, follow the Honor Code, be moral and clean?
I believe that faith and the spirit of the Holy Ghost are big factors. I am so happy that I chose to listen

No comments:

Post a Comment