Sunday, July 31, 2011

Fete pour TOUTES





This week we celebrate Jim's anniversaire and if you are good at math(, He thinks he is 44, cause he was born in 44. ) We had a Soiree on Friday with YSA celebrating different cultures with food and a bal (dance). We had two baptismes on Saturday (both Spanish). As we sat in the church I was humbled as I noticed two friends. Monique is with cancer and has lost her very long,very beautiful hair and continues to guide her blind husband as he honors his priesthood by confereming the Holy Ghost on one of the new members. Then I noticed a mother struggling to put her child in a stroller ( the child was flaccid and I could tell there were multiple problems.). After the meeting and with various interpreters I had a delightful visit with the mother. I should have just talked to the daughter as she had a large vocabulary centered around Disney characters and music!! . The mother spoke french,... she was Latin and knew Portuguese and Spanish and we needed many medical terms to discuss the problems with her delightful daughter. I am reminded of the miracle of each childbirth and the blessings that each child brings into a family. Sometimes it takes a while to understand why we are given different challenges in our life.

No comments:

Post a Comment