Saturday, July 2, 2011

when chickens have teeth






We left our Apt at 7:30am yesterday ready for a great, fun , 5 hour hike. We met at the church, with 4 sisters and three kids. Then we drove about 1/2 an hour up the Jura and parked The first part was wet, lush, and green, all up hill, because were hiking the ridge and it was even further up. Everyone had on hiking boots, but me, one sister had extra canes which look like ski polls. We got to the ridge and saw many different sights, cows, many wild flowers, MT Blanc way in the distance, a few small coverings like huts to protect the animals, We could see Divonne les Bains where Colette Javier is from, Gex below,,,, and as we walked and talked (kind of like the Pioneers) ,( but mostly in French,) I learned that here in France but It is great to learn many different idiomatic expressions. ! We saw the Lac Leman (lake Geneva) and soon we saw the airport and could guess where we lived. Our guides were Sarah and Sis Caner. we knew we had to get the the Ski area because Sis Caner left her car there, so we kept, walking and talking,, one more ridge, one more valley, no , one more hill,, more? Finally, we saw the ski lifts and then it was a long, long ,long way down, There are a few extra good photos of me this time to remember the fun time.! Long story short I slipped all the way down and fell a few times and ended up jabbing my eye with the cane, Today, a royal black eye but the good news, only a little on my eye sight is blocked by the swelling, My large sun glasses saved my eye and little angles caught me as I slipped down the mountain with my hips still in tact. We returned home by 5:50 making it a 10 hour hike. And I asked ,so where are we hiking next week? not afraid to get back on the horse, only this time with hiking boots!


No comments:

Post a Comment