Friday, November 25, 2011

Encore

One stress down,, we sang on Saturday with about 35 YSA and some missionaries,< Lord I will follow thee> in a choral arrangement with the altos singing the meloday (of course), in french, spanish , English, and American Sign language, and I guess it was good enough that they asked us to sing at the Crown Plaza Hotel the next day. NOW we have the Mongolian fete to finish. But, in between we have our lovely fete (holiday) Thanksgiving, I thought we would get by easy this year but, now .. we get to celebrate with our friends Wednesday, Thursday at the mission home and thursday evening at the Institute, So far I have made 7 loaves of cornbread and chopped up a big bowl of dried cranberries and walnuts. The cranberries here are the bomb, they are big and plump, much better than Costco *except the prix. And I have surrendered my code of cooking cornbread and added WHITE flour and sugar. The local honey is the best also... So, as I ponder this time of thainsgiving. I say ENCORE, because, we are glad to be here for another year. We dearly miss you all, and some days are more painful than others. and those days are .... like missing the birth of another grandchild, the musical Grease, the dance, violin, and piano shows, and all the sports, But, most of all the Hugs and Kisses. Here, EVERYONE bisous *KISSES everyone, two or three times on the cheek. There is no other touching, no shoulder , no body, and usually no hand shakes.. But. I get confussed and many times extend my hand, then go to kiss , but put my hand on a shoulder to stop the collison of bodies. But, the hugs and kisses of our little ones are the most precious. So, we say Encore..bring on the New Year and Noel. My testimony is the importance of scripture reading is greatly strengthened. We know that this is where we should be and hope you all feel our love for you. We pray for you and the blessings of a loving holiday season
My happiest day here was yesterday, I sat at the cumputer and waited and waited, Jason said that it would be lunch time before he would come,.. so I ate lunch at 10>30, Lucky me ! ERIK ANDREW came a little after 4 (Michigan time) weighing in at 8>4 and 22 inches, any other info must be received directly from Valerie and Jason Mercado... because everyone knows I cant get my numbers straight. Besides being healthy, which is great. He brought NEW light into the name and memories of my ERIK, who died 30 years ago. So, what am I thankful for.? Simple> Family,Friends. and Our Saviour Jesus Christ

No comments:

Post a Comment