Saturday, November 26, 2011

thanks that keeps on giving



After Thanksgiving dinners, we are thankful for turkey noddle soup and that the Mongolian fete was well attended., First, even though we did not prepare a bird ,we got the bones after eating at the mission home celebration to make soup for the Institute and that is my favorite part! The most significant dinner was at the Institut as ,most of them didnt even know the holiday or what any of the food was. And they like the idea of celebrating being.... Thankful. We had many visitors that night including a family from Germany. Wednesday night we shared our table with a couple from India, and learned alot about their culture. Her family entertained Gandhi in their home! Small world! And..now we are finished with the Mongolian Fete, We ran out of plates and had to use the Relief Societies after 150, so I am guessing 200. We performed the dance 3 times, beginning, middle and after the closing prayer, so we got our monies worth out of the costumes which we made after trial and error!. I cant say it ran smooth, but I can say we had 15 nonmember Mongolians, many other interested visitors and the Mongolian Embassy. So, the only other thing I can say is,,,I am thankful that I dont have to worry about that any more, The biggest struggle was language, again, Most of the people we worked with spoke, of course. Mongolian, So, my last piece of wisdom for this blog, is the importance of clear, simple communication....ahead of time. There was one moment when I looked at my watch and it was 8:10 and I said, gee, too bad my watch broke,,later, Jim said, he looked at his at 8:30 and said the same thing!, NO, our watches didnt break

No comments:

Post a Comment