Wednesday, May 11, 2016

my sister Terry

Terry spent this passed week with Jim and I .  I loved sharing our memories of family, fun, and adventure. Growing up with a beautiful sister was hard for me. Terry had thick hair that my mom would take much more time to comb up into the high, tight pony tails that were so popular in our day. She had beautiful eyes with long eyelashes and knew how to put on makeup. I spent most of my time running around outside with my little brothers and play fort out at the creek.
When we moved to Devon, I started middle school at TE (Tredyffrin Easttown Township) and Terry went to Strafford elementary with our brothers,Mark and Craig. We all loved music and took piano lessons but Terry kept on taking lessons. I continued on specializing in dance while Terry picked up line dancing later in life. And we all loved the popular music of the times. When the Beatles came on Ed Sullivan show that Sunday Night in the early 1960's mom called us in to watch. I liked the Beach Boys and Little Stevie Wonder. Terry liked all the 50's groups ( and still does).
We had a beautiful pool and all loved to swim. One summer  that we didnt go to Utah  our parents rented a beach house at Ocean Side, NJ. We loved going to the Shore. 
After I went to BYU Terry lived with me in the dorms at Rivera  and then again after for a few years when I had Karina and Valerie. Once she got married we never really spent that much time together until this week.
I remember Terry once said, DO you think we would be friends if we werent sisters?
I remember saying NO! 
Now I know that we have much more in common, We love our family, love exercising. eating healthy. cute clothes, music, dance, reading, but most important, we love the gospel of Jesus Christ and serving Him.
I love you Terry.

1 comment: