Monday, March 30, 2020

Refueling

Even in the end of March in 40 degree weather,taking time to refuel is important.
Last week I woke up to this concept of refueling ourselves at this time. It has been amazing how pondering this concept has helped me as many things are different than we are used to. Can we adapt to change?
If you know me, you know I am a sunworshiper! Not taking away from Jesus and my faith but the joy of feeling the heat of the sun all the way into my bones is very  restorative. During college I would go up in the mountains in early April just to feel the radiant heat. Of course, now days all we hear is ,beware Skin cancer. And yes, I wear sunblock, sun glasses and visors.
 Just taking a book and a snack out on a blanket for a mid day break is very refueling to me!

We also refuel with our family. Those that we cant get close to right now,,ugh! I wish to send you my love and prayers 

Another way is through music, Take the time to stop and listen. 
Study something new. Here I am reviewing my French. which sad to say I may not need this summer.
Yoga. deep breathing, stop and stretch, stop and hug
hiking, biking, walking

Snuggling up with pets

Most of all, I am so happy that I  can spend time with family. The refueling with loved ones has been great.

No comments:

Post a Comment