Monday, February 28, 2011

Swimming, and dumpster diving

We will have our first YSA activity which is a meeting about what activities they want. Today our frig, stove, and washing machine came and you can fit the stove and the washing maching in the frig, but we couldnt get the frig in the kitchen with out taking the doors off, It was great fun for Jim and is still not all put back together yet. This weekend is another baptism and stake conference, I sure hope they have ear phones for us or it is going to be a long meeting. I still need ideas of games that dont require language IF YOU HAVE ANY IDEAS. we have 3>5 languages going on a night. Today after trying out our new washing machine, we went swimming, It is a beautiful place with a view of the Jura mts which we can see often from our places (we are going back and forth between the two places as we continue to try a get our own place fixed up) Look up aon a map of th world and you xan easily see that the Jura run down France just on the west side of Geneva. Anywayd when you all come to visit you will see. So we go swimming, into the lobby, with our suits on so that we dont have any problems reading the French, like we did before, but this time as I was changing ever so quickly because everyone changes in the common area, I suddenly hear English, oh it sounded so good, so of course I listened and almost said something, But, I stepped out of my little private area and noticed that the two male voices \i heard were changing right next to me in the very small private area that \i had only there were two males in the tiny little area, whoa, I GOT OUT OF THERE QUICKLY,but then I thought, hum, I wonder who they are. Well, they were ugly old guys,(they probably thought the same about me) And I never did say anything, in English or French. So we get back from swiming and the laundry looks great, now Jim does his, (it is so smalll that I can only do one weeks worth of way garments on one load), Well, we have a problem which we couldnt figure out because we had to get here. As we get closer to completing our apt. we think we will be in by Dec 1, for sure> We have been Dumpster Diving, as it is encouraged here as there is a big recycle, no waste, thing goin on. So, what is everyone doing for Thanksgiving, Right now \I am cooking 2 kilos of carrots and today I made my first attempt at corn bread on our new oven, NOT good, I think I and I got 26, GOAL=== I need at least 5-10 more by Christmas. We had great success with our humaintairn project to Botzwana, all t he stuff flew off Monday to 4020 school children. Love toyou all, PLease let us know all about your thanks giving, Share the fun, LOVE and THANKSGIVING

No comments:

Post a Comment