Sunday, April 15, 2012

April in Paris





Last night we watched April in Paris, after almost 2 weeks of rain. With Doris Day - singing and dancing-- it was just what we needed for our date night, Thanks to Val and Jan, we had LICORICE , both red and black, Just letting you know what we are missing,,is good ol American waxy licorice, yes.! I think I have finally had enough of the chocolate,,, The reality of coming home has finally hit and I am struggling with it all. It was a hard week for me. Alot of tears. What kept us on double track this week was preparing for our talks today,..30 . minutes worth. My assignment was taken from Sis Becks talk on Relief Society, My talk is in french about Grandma Ceilia and her influence on me and my testimony on the importance and history of Relief Society . My testimony started with Grandma Ceilia sharing her testimony to me through her actions of love and service through the community ( about 50 years in the DUP Presidency and many years in the RS Presidency ) , The value of passing on my testimony to my grandchildren is strengthen as I prepared for the talk. Jim is on the High Counsel and he spoke on Covenants. I asked my neighbor to help me with all the french , little does she know, she received the history and importance of the Society de secours.
So the talks are finished and several in the congregation said,BON Courage. Mine took almost 20 minutes, but the last piece of advice I received from Eliane was... doucement....slowly,, and that is the same advice my Dad used to give me...Slow down.
No. we did not go to Paris, we brought Paris to us..and the rain brought spring in all its glory

No comments:

Post a Comment