Sunday, April 22, 2012

Ca va ? Ca Va!


We hear this every day and everywhere. Ca va?  it means,, HOWZ it goin?  Its good..  and then you say back the same thing until one of you stops.!. And I am ca va.  I am so much better this week as we got to go to the  Bern temple. Then , of course it was my birthday. This is the only year that two Beatles songs work for me, Very early on Friday I awoke with a laugh,,ha!...when I'm 64...Well, here it is! How does it feel?..and same,., back to bed.  Friday night the YSA planned a service project and a karaoke night, The food as prepared by our Mongolian friends, And good missionaries that they are,they also brought non members.  We also had a two Latin visitors who joined in the fun.  Music has no language barrier so the night was a great success.  At one point they called me up as all us" Babes"sang <, Oh baby baby> (Britney Spears style) and it was great fun to see that ALL languages knew how to vamp the song!.. As we were preparing to leave (Missionary bed check! ) pretty soon I heard  the beatles",,na na na na na na na they say its your birthday,", and up I jumped (totally reminding myself of my mother ((bless her heart)) and  ran (with limited steps so as not to hurt my healing knees and surgical hips)  to sing along Karaoke style.  When I got up to the microphone, there was just the photo of the Beatles and NO Words.. Do any of you know the words the that song?  So I tried to come up with some words as everyone clapped and laughed and again I felt like I was grandma Joyce in all her glory.  She brought me into this world and didnt want to let this birthday go by with out some extra fun and joy, Thanks to you all for sending the love. It really means alot. Missions are very rewarding, but they do call it Missionary Work. We had two more baptismes - Eki and Edwin from Nigeria.





 It continues to rain,but the cows are out and the fleurs are blomin..All is well

No comments:

Post a Comment