Thursday, March 3, 2011

Activity at the Institute

I worked hard on getting the Speeding night off on a good foot by talking about virtues, good ideas of dates, and values. I had many virtues on the board and encouraged them to chose two to work on as New years resolutions, to better themselves After all that, they had a good time. I used a cow bell (one of my finds to remind me of all the happy cows here) which I would ring after 3 minutes and a suggestion of a topic, like, what is your favorite... holiday? then rotate. After we came together and talked about .., how eveyone has good qualities We should remember and, record one each day in a journal, Afterwards we had food and music. And all in French!! I am still recooperation from Shingles and the late nights. We are trying to sleep in and even have gone as late as 8>00, but not very often. The people here take two hours for lunch and eat a very late long dinner, not at all the way we are used to. So this week we are doing a service project of repairing hymn books and making scarves for the homeless.. Since I have been sick I have made 7. I feel like my MOM..in a good way, but when I looked in the mirroir today I looked like her with my hair up and my puffy face, so it is good and bad, Hope all are keeping warm. we are having nice weather here.

No comments:

Post a Comment