Sunday, March 6, 2011

Annesy with Eliane and Amadou

Tuesday at 9h I was picked up by Eliane and Amadou from Dakar, Senegal. Eliane needed to go back to her Dr. and her friend is the son of the Owner/President of the University in Senegal where she will be teaching painting. So, as you can probably image it was quiet an experience. We drove through Mts. passages through rivers and villas to the base of the French alps. located on a lac. Annecy is a perfect mixture of old and new, saving the beautiful nature, It has been called the French Venice because there are many canals. I didnt have my camera but Amadou took many pics that I hope to get a copy. First we went to a mall and I bought shoes. I asked for 42 and they laughed and said they only had up to 41, We went to alot of stores and I finally found the perfect ones and wore them the rest of the day, only to find out this morning with blisters on both feet that size 41 is 9 1/2 and I wear 10-11. oh well. no new shoes! Our Dakar friend had alot of things he wanted to buy including a car, Eliane told me that his family is very delightful and well healed. Then we did the 2 hour French lunch, I had fish salade, they had pizza and the national French beverage (wine) While Eliane was at the Dr. I window shopped with my new friend, very interesting,... ALL in French!. So I asked Amadou about the city, food, musique, danse, and his famille. He said,<> As if every place in Africa is real close!!! But, I made it and it was educational to hear and talk to someone so delightful.We got lost on the way back and so I never made it to Institute, but it was adventure

No comments:

Post a Comment